5 April 2015

YuGiOh Performapal Decklist + Tips/Strats


Yugioh Performapal deck list + strategies




Hey, guys! Now, I know what you guys are thinking - “uh... Harrison, you understand that YuGiOh isn't related to electronics or programming AT ALL”?! Yes, I completely understand that… But I still think that people might find this useful/interesting :).






Quick Intro


So before my crazy circus anima- I mean, Performapal deck, I had an Elemental hero deck. And that was cool and all, but it was getting a bit boring, so I decided I needed to spice things up a bit, and what do I find - a whole archetype centered around cute circus animals :). Who could resist! Just a word of warning though - As of now, some of the core cards are still OCG (Japan-only), so the whole deck is weakened due to the lack of key cards. But it's a deck based on circus animals, so you can tolerate a few crushing defeats, right?


This deck utilizes the back row (Spell and Traps) quite heavily, to add monsters to your hand, destroy your opponents monsters, negate attacks, and to give your monsters a bit of help. But there are also some really awesome plays you can get off with your monsters, and coupled with the eye-melting cuteness of the cards, definitely makes it a deck worth trying!

Perfromapal Elephammer, the 'Boss' monster of the 
deck. Is finally NOT OCG only! YAY :)
Performapal Silver Claw -
Able to boost the ATK of your monsters - OCG



Monsters -


  • Performapal Skeeter Skimmer x2
  • Performapal Whip Snake x3
  • Performapal Sword Fish x2
  • Performapal Friendonkey x3
  • Odd-Eyes Dragon x3


Pendulum Monsters -


  • Performapal Cheermole x2
  • Performapal Partnaga x2
  • Performapal Turn Toad x1
  • Timegazer Magician x2
  • Stargazer Magician x2


Spells -


  • Illusion Balloons x3
  • Hippo Carnival x1
  • Wonder Balloons x2
  • Pot of Duality x1
  • Pendulum Shift x1
  • Mystical Space Typhoon x2
  • Heavy Storm (Banned, I know - Can be replaced with another MST) x1


Traps -


  • Bottomless Trap Hole x1
  • Sakuretsu Armor x1
  • Scrap-Iron Scarecrow x1
  • Performapal Call x2
  • Torrential Tribute x1
  • Compulsory Evacuation Device x1


Explanation + Thoughts and opinions


- This deck is pretty awesome :). It centers around changing the ATK and DEF of you and your opponents monsters, allowing you to either make their high attack monsters useless (switch high ATK with low DEF) or boost you seemingly weak monster to high attack.


- Let me just say that I cut 1 major corner in building this deck. Instead of 3 Odd-Eyes Dragons, there should actually be 3 Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragons. It’s effect allows you to destroy it from the pendulum zone and then add 1 pendulum monster with 1500 or less ATK to your hand. You get the 2 magicians in your hand, put them in the pendulum zones, and then you can pendulum summon any Odd-Eyes Dragons you may have destroyed (When a pendulum monster is destroyed it gets placed face up in the extra deck, where it can be re-summoned - here is a full explanation - YuGiOh Pendulum Summons). The reason I use 3 Odd-Eyes instead of Odd-Eyes Pendulum is because the pendulum monsters are so expensive! They are like $20 each! Nuh Uh… :).
I hope you've got a few siblings/children, because you're going to need to sell them into slavery to afford one of these bad boys! :)

- Something that sticks out to me quite a bit is the fact that almost all of the traps aren’t Performapal focused. This is because I use them more to compliment the other cards in my deck and to give my monsters any help they might need. Most of them destroy monsters, and/or negate attacks, allowing me to keep squishy monsters on the field while I set up a SUPER AMAZING TROLL PLAY!!!! :).


- Another interesting point is that even though Odd-Eyes is the “Boss Monster”, there are actually a whole heap of awesome combos you can do with your other monsters. This is probably just because I don't have the pendulum variant of Odd-Eyes. Once some of the key cards become TCG, I think a deck without Odd-Eyes could be… possible.


- I’m tossing up whether I remove Sword Fish or not… It is pretty situational I feel, but I find that its effect is pretty good at getting me out of tough scrapes. Hmm...

- The ease of summoning monsters this deck offers could make it a great XYZ deck. Level 3 and 4 XYZ monsters would be so easy to get out you'd almost stop thinking about it. I personally haven't tried this, but I think it definitely could work.


Strats / Troll Plays


Here are some cool plays I’ve found possible with this deck :).


  • Turn Toad in pendulum / Whip Snake on the field + Cheermole and Skeeter Skimmer on the field. Switch Skeeter Skimmers ATK and DEF, then use Cheermole for +1000 ATK = 2600 ATK Mosquito that once per turn can negate an attack on itself. Enjoy :)


  • Cheermole + Friendonkey in hand, as well as Wonder balloons on the field / in hand, and at least 1 extra card you're willing to discard. Summon Friendonkey, so then you can special summon Cheermole from your hand. Then play Wonder balloons and discard at least 1 card. All your opponent's monsters lose (at least) 300 ATK. You can then use Cheermole’s effect and lower 1 of your opponent's monster ATK by 1000. That monster will have lost (at least) 1300 ATK, meaning your Friendonkey should be able to clear all but the strongest of monsters.
  • Friendonkey + Cheermole + Partnaga in hand. Summon Friendonkey, and then special summon Cheermole. Then play Partnaga in one of your pendulum zones. Use its effect on Friendonkey (+300 ATK for each Performapal you control(3)), giving it 2500 ATK. Then use Cheermoles effect for +1000 ATK = 3500 ATK crazy donkey of friendly death. All in one turn :).


Those are my 3 main troll plays :). But if you have any more, I would love to hear about it in the comments!


Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this article! Now, go forth, and, after an initial investment of $100-150 (assuming you buy the pendulum variant of Odd-Eyes), laugh at your opponents as you crush them with your circus animals! :)

Unknown Australian Teen

Australian teenager, passionate about electronics, engineering etc, so I decided to blog about it :)

6 comments:

  1. I read this and I was like... "No Fire Mufflerlion, Kaleidoscorp, Trampolynx, Spikeagle, Trump Witch, Stamp Turtle or Hip Hippo?" Then I also saw that ridiculous claim that Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon is 20$. (I don't really care how much it is as I paid like 2$ for mine (+ 2 other cards) which also is a shatterfoil.. Yay for boosters) I am a bit sad though because I don't have Swordfish or Skeet Skimmer yet.. I do however have 3 Timegazer and 3 Stargazer Magicians :P...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The prices of cards can change from month to month or even from week to week. It really just depends on what the current meta is.

      Delete
    2. I got a deck with a odd eyes dragon for 15$ at target.

      Delete
  2. What about the extra deck

    ReplyDelete
  3. bubble barrier + performapals = 2 lifes + all being pendulum = wall of brutality

    ReplyDelete

Please post constructive comments. Spam will not be tolerated. Thanks.