7 March 2015

Arduino LCD Thermometer Part 2


ARDUINO LCD THERMOMETER PART 2


It's complete!! Yay! :). Come check it out!








Well, after a few weeks of just staring at the parts lying on my desk, I finally took the leap and put everything together. It wasn't that difficult to be honest, but I did get a bit of a scare when I was getting a constant temperature of.... ~256 degrees C! It gets warm around here, but... not that warm :).


Overall, it was a pretty simple assembly. All I really did was solder everything onto a piece of stripboard, and then cut it out with a rotary tool. Here is the completed model -



One thing to note is that these things are a bit sensitive to high temperatures, so when your soldering them, it might be a good idea to use some sort of heatsink.


If you need to make any sort of adjustments to the temperature (my readings were a few degrees too low), then you can simply add a value (for me it was about 1.5 degrees) to the temperature after it has been calculated.


Overall, this was a really fun project, and I hope you enjoyed it :).


Unknown Australian Teen

Australian teenager, passionate about electronics, engineering etc, so I decided to blog about it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post constructive comments. Spam will not be tolerated. Thanks.